Friday, January 2, 2009

Marinating in God and Work

I guess I begin to write this because I am in writing mood. Odd I know, I guess I must be ready to go back to school or something crazy like that. This break has been not what I would have expected, but it has been awesome. I spent the first week doing absolutely nothing but watching TV and hanging out with people. The last two weeks have been overrun with work. I was blessed to pick up work with my old boss (in construction) who is currently trying to finish off his house, so we have been going full bore. Between Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I work 30 hours and if you include Monday, that makes it an even 40. Needless to say that I spent my Christmas trying to catch up on sleep and fell asleep by 12:20 on New Years. It has been good though, despite still being a little tired and sore. My favorite part of this trip has to be going with Matt, Brian, and James to Jenna and Ian’s hometown of Oakhurst, for their 24 worship session. I can’t think of a better way to work my way into this next semester than by serving God with the gifts and talents that he has given me and by taking time to worship Him with my friends. Maybe its being tired, maybe it’s the joy of having a day off of work, I’m not sure, but right now of is one of those moments where I feel completely wrapped in the love, peace, and joy of God. It’s amazing to just feel at peace and full of God’s joy. It may be only for a short season but I am enjoying it while it lasts. I do look forward to going back to school, I miss all my friends there and I am excited to see them again, but it is always odd when one season comes to an end and another begins even when the season to come is good. In the mean time I will enjoy hanging out with my friends for this last little bit of carefree time marinating in God’s love and praising Him with my heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength. God is good. And the worship team did an absolutely amazing Job, it truly is a blessing to serve along side you guys.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Thanks John--we couldn't do it without you, and it makes it even better that we all enjoy God's presence and each others' presence too!

So glad you all came down!