Monday, July 13, 2009

Poetic rants of a honey barbeque Fritos

Here I sit captivated by the faint but sweet glow of the twinkling lights above. It is almost as if the heavens themselves are beating with the heart of God and singing his praises. As I sit here I am captivated the vast wonder that surrounds me. The warm still summer air makes it seem as though I am being cocooned in the night itself. However as I stare up towards the heavens I am comforted by starry host. It feels almost as if the stars themselves are a medium shinning forth God love and greatness. Even though I may feel small and insignificant in retrospect to all that is around me I am comforted by the melodic twinkling as if God himself was telling me that I am wrapped in his arms and there is nothing that could tare me from his grasp. And here I sit pondering the questions of life and love. Neither following one train of thought nor coming to any real conclusions. I sit just absorbing reality of the breadth of God and his intersection in life. Here I sit searching the very chasms of my soul in an attempt to capture who I am and who is it that God want me to be. The answer comes as a cataclysmic crash of God touching the very deep dark places of my inner most being, shinning the light of his glory and erasing whatever feeble half hearted attempts to follow him on my own, which as usual have terminated in dismal failure. I am aghast in the reality of my plight. There is nothing merited nor warranted for the love that God shows me. I do not deserve the embrace of the almighty, but alas here I sit in his presence taken back to a place of overflowing love and grace. Here I sit in the presence of Yahweh eating honey barbeque Fritos staring at the stars and listening to their song, “glory, glory, glory, to God in the highest who was and is, and is to come.”

No comments: