Sunday, June 7, 2009

TGI Friday's

It’s a funny thing how life works. Growing up, and even still to this day, my favorite TV show of all time is Boy Meets World. I remember watching new episodes of seasons 2 and up on TGI Friday’s on ABC. As I watched this show growing up I always wanted to be like Cory. I wanted to be the one with the best friend, always pulling pranks, the one who had Mr. Fenny as a teacher to give them advise, and of course the one who gets the girl. The other night as I was watching my nightly episode before going to sleep I came to a deep realization. I had not become Cory at all like I once wanted to so many years ago, if fact I had become Eric. I am the older brother who dose outlandish things, most of which are seem stupid and outlandish to everyone around me, but what do I care I’m happy and entertained. I am the one who has stood by and watch his friends go off and get married and start new lives, while I still wait for someone who can handle my zaniness. I in no way feel any of this is a bad thing, I just found it interesting to stand back and look at who I wanted to be many years ago averses who I ended up becoming. It’s a funny thing how life turns out. Rarely dose it ever turn out like we plan it would, but when we follow God it always turns out for the better. There are aspects to being like Cory that are appealing, but I can’t see myself as being anything but who God has created me to be. Life is good, and I’m excited to see what God dose next.

No comments: